Incode Systems, Inc.
Please E-mail: webmaster [at] incodesystems.com if you have information to contribute.
(Last modified: Monday, September 4, 2017 2:01 pm)
Lenovo ThinkPad T420
Integrated Camera not working after Windows 10 upgrade
When you open the Windows 10 Camera app, you see:
1. Click Windows button (Windows logo, lower left corner)
Something went wrong|
Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app.
2. Click Settings
3. Click Devices
4. Click Connected devices
5. Click Device manager
6. Expand Imaging devices
7. Right-click Integrated camera
8. Click popup menu: Update Driver Software...
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software
10. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
11. Click USB Video Device
12. Click Next button
Open the Camera app in Windows 10 to verify camera is now working.
Note: This procedure installs the built-in Windows 10 driver for video devices.
If this does not work for your device, contact the computer
manufacturer for a Windows 10 driver update.
Integrated microphone does not work properly after Windows 10 upgrade
1. Right-click speaker icon in the system tray
No recored sound, or recorded sound is very low volume and distorted.
2. Click Playback devices
3. Click on Speakers to select
4. Click Properties button
5. Click Enhancements tab
6. Check Disable all enhancements
7. Click OK button
Open the Voice Recorder app in Windows 10 to verify microphone is now working.